For the application you need:
- Your social security number
- Monthly income information for all working individuals in your household
- Employment information for all working individuals in your household
- Monthly housing expenses (rent, mortgage, utilities, car loan payments, medical costs)
During your DSHS interview you’ll need to provide proof of identity which could be any of the following:
- Driver’s License or State ID
- Work or school ID
- Birth certificate
- Voter registration card
- Health benefit card
- A pay stub
If you have none of these things, a DSHS worker can call your employer or a shelter worker.
You’ll also need proof of income (if any) such as a pay stub or a written letter from your employer. If over the phone, the DSHS work may call your employer to verify your income.