What to expect on your first day
What will I do?
- You’ll be greeted by your supervisor, or someone they appoint, when you arrive. The name of the person greeting you and your start time will be included in an email sent by your supervisor before your first day.
- We’ll take you to your office area and help you get settled.
- You will get a tour of the office and meet your new team members.
- Your onboarding buddy will introduce themselves. This person is a staff member (not your supervisor) who knows the organization well and can help answer some of the most pressing questions… such as, “Where is the coffee maker?” They’ve volunteered to help you feel welcome and get you acquainted with the District.
- Allixo, our IT services company, will work with you remotely to set up your computer and account information.
- You will complete your onboarding paperwork and fill out your I-9 form in the presence of HR or their representative. All first-day paperwork must be submitted by the end of the day.
- One or more of your new co-workers will join you at lunchtime.
What to bring
Where to park
Park in any marked spot around the District office except those signposted as reserved for WIC.
What to wear
Appropriate attire includes:
- Jeans (must be clean, free of rips, tears and fraying)
- Skorts, capris, leggings
- Blouses or shirts
- Polo or golf shirts
- Turtlenecks, sweaters
- Comfortable shoes in good repair